Your child has an IEP or 504 plan for ADHD now what….
The world of IEPs as well as 504 plans can be confusing and difficult to navigate. You may not be sure what accommodations are available for your child and how to advocate for those accommodations. Recently an article from Understood broke down classroom accommodations for students with ADHD.
There are five areas to focus on when looking at accommodations; classroom learning, organization, classwork/test taking, in-class learning, and behavior. Here are some examples of accommodations for each area.
- Move student closer to teacher but away from windows and doors
- Increase space between desks
- Have student stand near teacher
- Use assignment notebook
- Color code folders/notebooks for specific subjects
- Written out schedule for daily routine
Classroom Work/Test Taking:
- Worksheets with...